Below is a list of resources for people suffering from domestic violence.
- Emergency police number: 911
- National hotline for information and emergencies regarding domestic violence, 24/7: 1-800-799-7233, or 1-800-787-3224 (TTY)
- National Deaf Hotline Videophone 9am-5pm M-F 1-855-812-1001 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NY State Resources
- NY State hotlines for domestic violence:
- English: 1-800-942-6906
- Español: 1-800-942-6908
- Línea directa de abuso infantil del estado de Nueva York
NY City Resources
New York City information services: 311
Your help lets us keep reporting on immigrant communities. Support our work today.
Elder Abuse 718-250-5299
Family Court (347) 401-9600
Criminal Court: 718-250-3300
Domestic Criminal Court: (718) 590-2858
Family Court: (718) 618-2098
Criminal Court: (212) 335-4300
Family Court: (646) 386-5200
Criminal court: (718) 286-6550
Family Court: (718) 298-0197
- Staten Island:
Criminal Court: (718) 876-6300
Family Court: (718) 675-8800
• North Manhattan Improvement Corporation (NMIC): Supportive counseling and crisis intervention, risk assessment and safety planning, trauma-focused therapy, case management and advocacy, Spanish language support group, shelter placement & relocation assistance, workshops on financial literacy, holistic healing, parenting, stress reduction, women’s health and wellness, and others. Survivors also have access to our Family Law Services and other wrap-around services offered at NMIC.
Offers services citywide but we are most accessible to folks residing in Upper Manhattan and the Bronx
T: 212 822 8311 (call or message through WhatsApp) | Contact Form | https://nmic.org/about-us/
- Safe Horizon: If you are a survivor of domestic violence and would like to access one of our shelters, please call our Domestic Violence Hotline at: 1-800-621-HOPE (4673).
The New York State Coalition Against Domestic Violence published a list of organizations providing help to domestic violence victims. This is the list that features the following organizations:
- African American Planning Commission
- Allen Women’s Resource Center
- Barrier Free Living *For people with special needs
- Center Against Domestic Violence
- Crime Victims Treatment Center of St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital
- Edwin Gould Services for Children and Families – STEPS to End Family Violence
- Food First Family Project, Inc.
- Good Shepherd Services – Safe Homes Project
- HELP USA
- Henry Street Settlement
- Jewish Board Family & Children’s Services
- Korean American Family Service Center
- NYC Anti-Violence Project *For LGBTQ
- Womankind (Formerly New York Asian Women’s Center)*Servicios específicos asiáticos
- New Destiny Housing
- Ohel Children’s Home & Family Services
- Queens Domestic Violence Law and Advocacy Project
- Sanctuary for Families
- Seamen’s Society for Children & Families – Safe Passage
- Urban Justice Center – Domestic Violence Project
- Urban Resource Institute
- Violence Intervention Program
- Volunteers of America, Greater New York
The New York State Coalition Against Domestic Violence published a list of organizations providing help to domestic violence victims, by counties of New York State. The organizations are located in the following counties:
- St. Lawrence
Find the contact information for an organization in your county here.
Support our work
Documented is the only NYC newsroom that creates journalism with and for immigrant communities. Help fuel this mission for $10/month.