Last Updated: August 10, 2018
- Sources of Information About You
- Our Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Updating Information
- Links to Other Web Sites
- Children’s Privacy
- “Do Not Track” Disclosures
- Contact Information
Additionally, in the event you authorize the Civil Media Company, Inc. (“Civil”), which operates the platform on which Documented is published, to receive information about you (e.g., by clicking on a checkbox authorizing Civil to receive your information), you acknowledge and agree that references to “Documented”, “us”, “our”, or “we” shall be read to also mean Civil, with respect to the relevant sections on the collection, use and sharing of your personal information, and you hereby acknowledge and agree that Civil may collect, use, share and otherwise maintain such information accordingly.
Sources of Information About You
We obtain information about you through your interaction with Documented and through third parties. Such information may include your name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number, among other personally identifiable information.
Information you provide to us: If you use certain Services, you may be required to provide us certain information.
- When you fill in forms on our website, such as registering to use our Services, subscribing to our Services, posting material or requesting further services, we may keep records of that information.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Services.
- If you contact us, we may keep records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses).
- We might ask you to complete surveys for research purposes, and if so, we may keep copies of the information you provide.
- We may keep records of transactions you carry out through our Services and of the fulfillment of your orders on our website or through our Services.
- We may keep records of your search queries on our website or through our Services.
Information we collect from your use of the Services and other interactions you have with Documented:
We may collect information about how you use the Services, including your access times, location, browser types and language, and Internet Protocol addresses. We may collect device-specific information when you access our Services, including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and information about the device’s interaction with our Services.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may or may not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. We will make good-faith attempts to anonymize all the information thereby collected. We will not use information gathered from third parties to “personalize” your experience on Documented. We may use this information internally, for example, to estimate and analyze usage patterns.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Services or our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Documented to do things like count how many people have visited a page or opened an email, or for other internal website statistics like verifying that our servers and systems are working properly.
Our Use of Information
We use information about you to provide, maintain and improve our Services and to deliver the information and support your requests, including support and administrative messages.
We may use information we collect to communicate with you, and to send you news and information about our Services. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or newsletters from Documented by following the instructions in those emails or newsletters. If you opt out, we may still send you communications necessary to conduct business on your account, for example subscription information or receipts for purchases.
We may also use information about you (i) to track and analyze trends and usage in connection with our Services; (ii) to protect our rights or property; (iii) to compare information for accuracy; (iv) to verify your identity; (v) to investigate and prevent fraud or other illegal activities; and (vi) for any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Services.
Additionally, we use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide though them.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use third-party service providers to process and store personal information in the United States and other countries.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you as follows:
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce agreements we may have with you.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Documented, our customers or others.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Documented’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Documented about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any lawful purpose.
- With your consent or direction.
We may also share non-personally identifiable information (aggregated or otherwise) with third parties for any reason.
You may update or correct your personal information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Web Sites; Third Party Applications
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act was created to protect children under the age of 13 from unsuspecting acts or practices in conjunction with collecting, using, and disclosing any information about them. Our Services are not intended for anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on or through our Services. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you are a parent or guardian or otherwise believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us so that we can delete the child’s information. The Services will never knowingly accept, collect, maintain or use any information from a child under the age of 13. If a child whom we know to be under the age of 13 sends personal information to us online, we will only use that information to respond directly to that child or notify parents.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or through our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on or within the Services.
“Do Not Track” Disclosures
Please contact us with any questions or concerns regarding our policy at this address:
118 West 22nd Street, 12th Fl
New York, NY 10011