Documented has gathered all of the resources we can find to help immigrant New Yorkers. New links will be added and the following pages will be constantly updated. If you would like us to add information to this list or have questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Funds for financial relief
Excluded Workers Fund: How to apply(closed as of October 8th, 2021) The Excluded Workers Fund: What You Need to Know to Apply(closed as of October 8th, 2021)
-> If you want to receive useful information and news about immigration delivered to your inbox three times a week subscribe to our email newsletter here.
- Where you can easily find food in NYC and other parts of the State.
- List of organizations that provide general healthcare access for immigrant communities
- Guide to the Covid-19 Vaccine for immigrants in New York
- Mental Health Resources for Immigrants in New York
- List with information for Coronavirus healthcare for immigrant New Yorkers.
- Q&A on what to do if you have symptoms, who to call, and options for undocumented immigrants.
- How Undocumented Immigrants Can Receive HIV/AIDS Treatment In New York
Organization serving immigants
- Our latest updates on housing and rent
- Emergency Rental Assistance Program: How to Apply
- FASTEN: Rental Assistance for Tenants Facing Housing Insecurity in New York
- Everything You Need to Know About Fire Safety and Rental Rights
- Guide on how to get free legal help for immigrants NY State.
- Guide on how ActionNYC works, a program that provides free legal services in New York City
- List of Pro-Bono Lawyers And Free Legal Immigration Services in New York
- DACA program eligibility and requirements. Link
- Guide on how the coronavirus has affected visas and other migration processes. Link
- Frequently asked questions from our users about coronavirus and migration processes. Link
- How to apply for a tourist visa extension (by filing a form I-539)
- What happens if I overstay a tourist visa
- What Recreational Marijuana Legalization Means for Immigrants in New York
- Review our guide with the steps on how to apply for unemployment insurance in NY. Link
- What To Do After A Year Since You Filed for Unemployment Benefits
- Undocumented: The five most frequently asked labor-related questions by our users, answered by experts. Link
- How to Apply for a Street Vendor Permit and License in New York City
Fake news and misinformation
- These are some of the most widely distributed fake news messages in the Latino community. Link
- Pay What You Can Schools, Education Affordable For Immigrants
- Validating Foreign Degrees and Qualifications in the US
- Mentorship Opportunities for Immigrant Youth in New York
- Contact information of organizations you can reach if you are a victim of domestic violence
Immigrants with disabilities
- Resources for Immigrants with Disabilities in New York