For more information about resources for immigrants and undocumented, please visit our Resource Guide.
The following are the options that were available at the time of writing this article.
Public initiatives, NYC
- Please read the interview with the NYC’s Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs about the food services that the City is providing to immigrants with or without papers during the pandemic. There are many options, without ID required.
- Brooklyn: Workers Justice Project is giving free meals to workers that live in Brooklyn. Please call Sunset Park (347) 422-0638 or Williamsburg (347) 889-6347.
- Staten Island
- Catholic Charities: Pantries open Thursday 10 am to 12 PM. 120 Anderson Ave, Staten Island, NY 10302.
- They also have a mobile pantry in different locations:
- 1. Cassidy Coles Senior Center at NYCHA Cassidy – Lafayette Houses. 125 Cassidy Place, SI, NY 10301. Mon 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm (*except third Monday of the month*)
- 2. Immaculate Conception Church. 128 Targee St., SI, NY 10304. Tues, 9:00 am – 10:00 am
- 3. St. Joseph’s Church. 463 Tompkins Ave., SI, NY 10305. Wed, 9:00 am – 10:00 am
- 4. CYO Community Center. 120 Anderson Ave., SI, NY 10302.
- 5. West Brighton Senior Center at NYCHA West Brighton Houses. 230 Broadway, SI, NY 10310. Fri, 9:30 am – 10:30 am. Phone 718-447-6330, ext. 2892.
Upstate o Long Island:
- Westchester. Another option
- Tompkins County
- Long Island
Support the work of Documented
Documented was founded with the goal of making sure the people affected by our stories were also the people reading them. Immigration reporting is often extractive and isn’t produced or published with the main protagonists as the intended audience. Through our reporting and out outreach via WhatsApp, we’ve created award-winning journalism that is created with and for New York’s immigrant communities. This work is not easy and it is not cheap. Consider becoming a member today to help fuel this work. By joining the Documented Community, you can not help only provide us with the financial freedom needed to fulfill our mission but also meet others who are passionate about immigration in the New York area. Become a member today.