Twenty-one New York City-based organizations received $16 million in ActionNYC grants to help all immigrants receive free legal services. The organizations are located across all five-boroughs of New York City.
Disclaimer: This program is funded by the City of New York and this article intends to spread the words about possibilities for immigrants to get free legal services to fix their status.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive news about immigration.
Check our Guide to Legal Aid in NYC
What does ActionNYC do?
ActionNYC provides free, safe, and secure legal services for New York immigrants.
What legal services do they provide?
The free legal services include:
Free legal screenings to find out if you qualify for any immigration benefit
Free legal help from an experienced attorney or accredited representative for a range of cases, including:
- Green card applications and renewals
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
How do I make an appointment for legal services?
To make an appointment, call 1-800-354-0365 between 9AM-6PM, Monday – Friday or call 311 and say “ActionNYC.” You can make your appointment and help with the language that you speak.
What if I don’t speak English?
ActionNYC serves immigrants in the language they are more comfortable speaking. ActionNYC’s outreach, navigation, and legal service providers speak more than ten languages including: American Sign Language, Arabic, Bangla, Cantonese, English, French, Haitian-Creole, Korean, Mandarin, Nepali, Russian, Spanish, and Urdu. Moreover, all ActionNYC sites have access to instantaneous telephonic interpretation in 180 languages.
What if I can’t afford legal services?
ActionNYC services are free.
What happens to immigrants who aren’t eligible for immigrantion status change?
ActionNYC provides a full, comprehensive immigration legal screening for everyone served by the program. If a client served by ActionNYC is not eligible for a change in their immigration status, they can still get immigration legal advice.
How to report if you have been a victim of immigration fraud
Call the New York State New Americans Hotline at 1-800-566-7636. The operators will take a report of your complaint and share it with prosecuting offices in New York City. 311 can also connect New York City residents to the New York State New Americans Hotline.
ActionNYC community partners contact information:
- Arab American Association of New York
7111 5th AvenueBrooklyn, NY, 11209
- Atlas: DIY http://atlasdiy.org/
Single Stop hotline: (718) 731-3114
Address: 1720 Church Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11226
- Caribbean Women’s Health Association, Inc.
Address: 3512 Church Ave,Brooklyn, NY 11203 Telephone: (718) 826-2942
- Catholic Charities New York
Address: 1011 First Avenue, 11th Floor New York, NY 10022
Telephone: (888) 744-7900
- Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc. https://cliniclegal.org/ For questions contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Center for Family Life https://sco.org/featured-programs/center-for-family-life/ Main Office: 1 Alexander Place Glen Cove, NY 11542 Other office locations can be found here. Telephone:(516) 671-1253
- Center for the Integration and Advancement of New Americans https://www.cianainc.org/ Address: 31-09 Newtown Avenue, Suite 411 Astoria, NY 11102 Telephone: (718) 545-4040 Office Hours: Mon -Fri 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Chhaya CDC https://chhayacdc.org/ Main Office: Address: 37-43 77th St, 2nd Floor, Jackson Heights, NY 11372 Telephone: (718) 478- 3848 Email: email@example.com Richmond Hill Center: Address: 121-18 Liberty Avenue, 2nd Floor, Richmond Hill, NY 11419 Telephone: (718) 374-3371 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chinese-American Planning Council, Inc. https://www.cpc-nyc.org/ Telephone: (212) 941-0920 Address: 150 Elizabeth St. New York, NY 10012
- Council of Peoples Organization https://copo.org/ Telephone : (718) 434-3266 Address: 1077 Coney Island Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11230 Email: email@example.com
- Gay Men’s Health Crisis Telephone: 212-367-1000 Address: 307 West 38th Street, New York, NY 10018-9502
- Immigration Advocates Network https://www.immigrationadvocates.org/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Immigrant Justice Corps https://justicecorps.org/ Address: 17 Battery Place, Suite 1234 New York, NY 10004 Telephone: (212) 407-3417
- Jacob A. Riis Neighborhood Settlement https://www.riissettlement.org/ Telephone: (718) 784-0851 Address: 1025 41st Ave, Queens, NY 11101
- Korean Community Services of Metropolitan New York https://www.kcsny.org/ Main Office: 203-05 32nd Ave, Flushing Telephone: (718) 939- 6137 Find other offices here.
- LegalHealth https://legalhealth.org/ Address: 7 Hanover Square, 18th Floor New York, NY 10004 Telephone: (212) 613- 5000
- LSA Family Health Service https://littlesistersfamily.org/ Telephone: (646) 672-5200 Address: 333 East 115th Street New York, NY 10029
- Lutheran Social Services of New York https://lssny.org/ Telephone: (212) 870-1100 Address: 475 Riverside Drive – Suite #1244 New York, NY 10115
- Make the Road New York https://maketheroadny.org/ Telephone: (718) 418-7690 Address: 301 Grove Street Brooklyn, NY 11237 Other offices can be found here
- Mercy Center https://www.mercycenterbronx.org/ Mercy Center Bronx Telephone: (718) 993-2789 Address: 377 E 145th St , Bronx , NY 10454 Mon- Fri 8:00 am – 9:00 pm Second Location Telephone: (718) 942-9815 Address: 332 E 149th St 8th Floor , Bronx , NY 10451 Mon- Fri 8:30 am – 9:00 pm
- MinKwon Center for Community Action http://minkwon.org/ Telephone: (718) 460-5600 Address: 133-29 41st Avenue, Suite 202
- New York City Health + Hospitals https://www.nychealthandhospitals.org/ Telephone: 1 (844) 692- 4692 Address: 125 Worth St. New York, NY 10013
- New York Immigration Coalition http://www.thenyic.org/ Telephone: (212) 627-2227 Address: 131 W 33rd St, Ste 610New York, NY 10001 Email: email@example.com
- New York Legal Assistance Group https://www.nylag.org/ Address: 100 Pearl Street, 19th Floor, New York, NY 10004| email: IPUintake@nylag.org | Telephone: (212) 613- 5000
- Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation https://www.nmic.org/ Main Office Address: 45 Wadsworth Avenue, New York, NY 10033 Telephone: 212-822-8300 Hours: 9am to 5pm For other location info click here.
- Research Foundation of City University of New York https://www.cuny.edu/ City University of New York University Offices Address: 205 East 42nd Street New York, NY 10017 Telephone: 1-800-CUNY-YES (1-800-286-9937) Email: inquireCUNY@cuny.edu
- Sauti Yetu Center for African Women https://www.sautiyetu.us/ Telephone: (718) 665-2486 Address: 3112, New York, NY 10163
Street Vendor Project
http://streetvendor.org/ Address: 40 Rector St., 9th Floor New York, NY 10006 Telephone: (646)602-5679 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org